Thursday 7 May 2015

Voting

Quite excited to exercise my democratic right today. 

Summoning the energy to leave the house and cast my vote, I was reminded of a small, free exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery on the suffragettes. 

What stood out was the lengths these women were prepared to go to get the vote. Vandalising masterpieces, risking arrest, imprisonment and making the ultimate sacrifice. 

Even though I'm a flip-flop voter that no party would want to be depending on (too easily influenced by blatant propaganda in the 6 weeks before the election), it's still thrilling that we get the power to decide who gets to run the country. 


1 comment:

  1. Are you really a flip flopper? I had you down as a staunch Guardian-reading leftie. So now I don't know whether to send you my commiserations or congratulations...

    ReplyDelete