Friday 22 August 2014

School countdown

The First Day of School

2 weeks before school started I wrote this: After a morning like we've just had I can honestly say I have no qualms about saying I'll be happy to have time to myself. Morning consisted of abandoned play date due to Caitlin screaming, crying & generally blaming me for every slight perceived annoyance - you're pushing the swing wrong, you've forgotten to bring a tissue for my nose which is now running due to excessive crying, things like that. Things that are either not my fault, or are most definitely hers.

Fast forward 2 weeks and I have the benefit of hindsight. I realise I may have been a little rash, not to mention all out of patience, but I can honestly say the start of school has come at the right time for all of us.

I spent the 1st day of school riding my bike around the neighbourhood getting things done that I haven't been able to achieve in months. 

Things like choosing tiles... in peace... without worrying that a small person was going to break the expensive merchandise.

For the first few weeks (months) I will mostly be watching films, reading books and generally doing as little as possible. In between working 3 days a week & school pick ups I shall be cycling round town singing 'freedom'!

1 comment:

  1. Bliss. My envy overfloweth! But you deserve every single minute of peace and joy - you've worked incredibly hard over the past 4 years and 2+ months! xx

    ReplyDelete